Sydney & Greater NSW
Endeavour Engineering Superintendency
During your remedial repairs, it is best to have a superintendent overviewing the work to ensure everything is running according to plan. However, coordination can become problematic with multiple teams with separate tasks and a complex structure to oversee. Here, you’ll need a superintendent to ensure your work’s seamless progression.
At Endeavour Engineering, we work with our clients to ensure the project surpasses all technical, safety, compliance, and environmental concerns by deploying our multidisciplinary skill sets and expertise. We can optimally plan your Sydney and Greater New South Wales remedial engineering projects and monitor them closely to generate the most time and cost savings while ensuring compliance with Australian Standards, the current National Construction Code and the Building Code of Australia.
What is Engineering Superintendency?
Engineering superintendency involves overseeing engineering remedial projects. Unlike regular project management, it comprises an amalgamation of technical expertise with management skills to manage a remedial project down to its closure.
Engineering superintendency entails making comprehensive plans to allocate resources and time to the design and execution of engineering-related remedial projects. This involves finding the right resources and managing communication, integration, timelines, costs, and quality.
Our Remedial Superintendency Services
At Endeavour Engineering, we excel in remedial superintendency and can assist you through the remedial design and construction phases. No matter the scope and complexity of your remedial job, we can provide you with engineering superintendency services throughout Sydney and broader New South Wales.
We offer the following services:
- Manage regular site inspections/meetings with relevant representatives;
- Manage site inspections with the contractor during Hold Points;
- Provide ongoing status reports describing the works under contract (WUC);
- Supervision of building work to ensure compliance with:
- Tender Report/Remedial Building Specification;
- Addendum/s (if any);
- Current Building Code of Australia/National Construction Code;
- Relevant Australian Standards for the relevant building item;
- Ensure contract conditions are met by all parties;
- Settle any dispute/s between the principal and contractor that may arise during the project;
- Certify the contractor’s quality of work;
- Assess the contractor’s payment claims and send payment certificates to the principal;
- Assess the contractor’s variation claims, provide advice to the principal and submit variation certificates;
- Access the contractor’s request for extensions of time (EOT) and submit EOT certificates;
- Once practical completion has been deemed by the Superintendent, issue a certificate of practical completion.
Why it Pays To Have an Engineering Superintendent Oversee Your Remedial Job
Whereas a regular superintendent can oversee a remedial project’s adherence to schedule, they lack the knowledge to take it through the design and remedial repair phase. So, they will likely not recognise defects or the use of incorrect methodology or inadequate materials.
In contrast, engineers have in-depth knowledge of the nuances of the construction of your building so that no defect can escape their observation. So, when you hire an Engineering Superintendent, you get a smoother communication system, more accurate cost assessments, and increased efficiency. All this leads to more successful, compliant, and durable projects.
Speak to Our Expert Team Regarding Our Remedial Superintendent Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Though both engineering and construction managers have to plan, direct, and coordinate projects, the work of a construction superintendent is confined to one category of projects only.
Generally, a remedial engineering superintendent can oversee any remedial engineering project, whether rectifying a collapsed roof or re-waterproofing balconies on an apartment building. They lead research and reports too. In contrast, a construction manager only has the expertise to manage construction projects, their planning, costs, and execution.
Our Clients Are Our Driving Force
From the first time we met, John demonstrated extremely detailed knowledge of the construction and strata industry. John showed genuine interest in our situation and provided us with the best possible routes of action to get a positive outcome.
John also pulled out all the stops when an emergency report was requested from his office. The quality of the reports we received from John are of the highest quality and leave no questions unanswered. John's experience, reputation and name in the industry are an asset.
I highly recommend Endeavour Engineering to any friend and I look forward to working with John in the future."
I highly recommend the Endeavour Engineering team and look forward to working with John and the team in future."